<xmp> <body> </xmp>

Yayee! Every dog will its day!....

Back from Taipei ! (:
Monday, June 03, 2013

Taipei Trip (23rd May - 28th May) !


Had an overall great time at Taipei last week. 

Free & Easy trips is definitely very different from package tours. Both have their own set of P & Cs, but for this trip, it was generally quite smooth thanks to Tom/SF. 

*Updated: Ok, I had been drafting out a day-by-day summary of the series of events in Tai Pei... But scrap that. I decided to focus instead on the emotional roller coaster that I had during the 5 days. 

This time round, I am gonna try my best to reflect the real emotions in me. What the heck? This is my blog , my personal space and I REALLY shouldn't be minding about what others think here...  

So Anyhow, here it goes . . . . . .  

The first day couldn't have possibly started any worse than it did. Gawsh!
I know how I am not the most dependable of a person, especially when it comes to handling new situations. I hate very much that I can't be alert and sharp all the time, hate that I have to sometimes depend on others to path the way for me, hate that I can sometimes even be happy to depend on others. 

Like .. Despite all these, it would have been great to know that somebody can accept me and embrace the fact I have other good points in me to make up for the lack of independence, or lack of the confidence to do things independently. The worst is really, to get constantly reminded of it, and having to forcefully try to change into somebody else overnight.

"SOMETIMES I really do wonder if its normal for someone to be still finding himself at my age. For the past 27 years, I have never thought TOO much on my purpose of existence in this world... Or whether or not I have been portraying a good reflection of who I true-ly am inside this mainframe that we come to know of as our 'body'...  
Is the mindset I am so blindly following really the right one? Or just an imagination of how I want myself to behave. Are these strong believes of optimism really from me? Or just nothing but a delusion. I guess I really need answers from above... "

Back to the topic on the first day of the trip, it was really HORRIBAD. It was almost like a explosion waiting to happen. And when it finally did the morning after, things just got ugly. Kept telling myself to control myself, keep things cool but WE just couldn't. Even though I mentioned earlier on that I would not hold back here, but I'd still choose to keep those private (Sorry!)...  

.
.
.
.

In any case, we did gradually resolved our difference after some nasty confrontation, and did went on enjoy each others' company for most of the remaining part of the trip. The reconciliation process was really difficult on the both of us... Very demeaning terms were exchanged, and at some point I was made to feel as worthless as thrash. Everything must have happened for a reason, I must take comfort in that there is room for me to be improved as a person. Maybe one day, I will be perfect. (or closer to perfect)
Despite it all, if I had to choose again, I'd not have it any other way...

OK, now, here's the very quick (&shortened) summary of the Taipei Trip!

Day 1 : 
- Taoyuan Airport, some Mafia looking dude welcomed us in a rather... Mafia-welcoming manner.. LOL. 
- Crazy Driving en route to JUST SLEEP hotel
- Mee Sua at Ximen Ding!

Day 2 : 
- The famed Taipei 101 ! Always heard friends talking about this tower attraction, and I finally got to see it for myself. It was rather 'expected' luh, but still fun! Just looking out at the towering view while spamming photograph can be enjoyable too lol.
- Rao He Night Market. Till today i can't figure out the correct han yu pin yin for Rao He, but I guess it's not really THE POINT anyway. That night market was reallllly crowded. Just imagine the crowd in Orchard Road on Christmas Eve or Chinatown on CNY Eve... It was just that bad.

Day 3 : 
- CKS Memorial Hall! Interesting change of parade that we managed to catch during our short visit to the memorial hall. Quite a sight to behold!
- Dou Jiang + You Tiao, at some really crowded coffee shop. Was so-so, but had to convince myself it tasted special cause we queued super long for it.
- Shi Dan. Long Shan. More night markets! Yesss~

Day 4:
- Managed the secure the services of a driver, Xiao Jie, to bring us up the mountainous area!
- Yeh Liu Geopark: Interesting rock sculpture ... Most of which required a really creative sense of imagination to picture~
- Jiu Fen / Shi Fen : Nice Sun Cakes, Pineapple Cakes, at the cost of braving through a crazily super-packed tourist crowd. Shi Fen was where we released the Kong Ming lanterns! IMO, it was really the highlight of the trip, cause everyone felt really happy.
- Shih Lin Night Market: Ahhh, the famous Shih Lin night market. Was a pretty good night market. We did most of our shopping here, and the Cheese Potato probably left the deepest impression on me!

Day 5:
- Ximending area for our final lunch in Taipei... Remembered this really good drip coffee that only cost 85 NT.. (less than $4 SGD)...
- Back to Taoyuan Airport -> SINGAPORE!

Pictures Time:
At Yeh Liu Geo Park~


Rao He Night Market!


Good Blessings 1/4
Good Blessings 2/4
Good Blessings 3/4
Good Blessings 4/4
Huaaaat ar!